The best pancake recipe is also the healthiest and easiest pancake recipe. In this article, you will find the best pancake recipe, along with 10 different ways to make easy pancake recipes… Plus toppings!
In this article for pancake recipes, we will cover how to make your own homemade pancake recipe mix, along with how to make gluten-free pancake recipes, protein pancake recipes, buttermilk pancake recipes, vegan pancake recipes and more.
No matter what kind of pancake recipe you’re looking for, this article for the best pancake recipe will supply you with 10 different options.
If you want to jump directly to the recipe, please do so, however we will review how to make the best pancake recipe gluten-free, vegan, extra fluffy, and more first.
The Best Pancake Recipe
In this article for the best pancake recipes, we will cover 10 easy pancake recipes.
The best pancake recipes are the ones that are so simple and easy that you can whip up them up in a flash. In the next section, you will find a recipe for pancake batter, and in the printable recipe card you will find our homemade pancake recipes.
We strive to make pancake recipes easy, here’s what you’ll find in this article:
- Recipes for pancake mix
- How to make the best pancake recipe
- 10 easy pancake recipes
- The best pancake recipe
- Homemade pancake recipe toppings
- Final thoughts on easy pancake recipes
In the sections below, we will show you how to make the best pancake recipes for your personal dietary needs. Whether you are looking to find a pancake mix gluten-free, a pancake recipe no eggs, or if you’re looking for some yummy blueberry pancake recipes, we’ve got you covered!
In the next section we will review how to make homemade pancake recipe mix, so that you can make these easy pancake recipes in a flash.
Recipes for Pancake Mix
You likely have everything to make simple pancake recipes already!
In this section we will review how to make recipes for pancake mix, so that you can have the dry portion of this best pancake recipe available at any time.
Recipes with pancake mix are extra easy, all you have to do is add them to the wet ingredients and mix.
You can’t beat pancake recipe that’s made in a flash, this simple pancake recipes section should help you make quick pancake recipes any day of the week.
Here are the dry ingredients you’ll need for the best pancake recipe:
- Flour (all purpose, or gluten free)
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
I recommend that you combine the ingredients in a large Ziploc bag, or in a large glass jar. I like to leave a quarter cup measuring cup in with the pancake recipe mix so I can easily portion it out depending on how many people I’m serving.
Here are the wet ingredients you’ll need for the best pancake recipe:
- Milk (or vegan milk… see below)
- Eggs (or egg substitute… see below)
- Butter or Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
To make pancake recipe easy on yourself, see below for different substitutes. For instance if you don’t have any milk, or you’re out of eggs be sure to read those sections below so that you can make this pancake recipe best anytime.
In the next section, I will go over some tips on how to make this pancake recipe.
How to Make the Best Pancake Recipe
Making healthy pancake recipes is actually extremely simple! As you probably saw in the section above for the pancake recipe mix, you likely have everything in the home already to make this easy pancake recipe.
You’ll need to use the recipes for pancake mix above, and as I noted if you were out of a specific ingredient, be sure to see the next section to find milk, egg, flour, fat substitutions.
Directions for the best pancake recipe:
- Combine the dry pancake recipe mix in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients for the easy pancake recipe.
- Pour the wet pancake recipe ingredients into the dry pancake recipe ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour 1/4 cup pancake batter onto a hot griddle, and wait until you see bubbles around the edges and the center.
- Flip the pancake, and do not squish down. Continue with the rest of the easy pancake recipe batter.
I like to make pancake recipe simple, here are my tips to make the best pancake recipes.
Tips to make the best pancake recipes:
- Don’t over mix the batter, it will give you a flat, tough pancakes
- Don’t squish the pancakes with your spatula, it will deflate them and give you tough pancakes.
- Always start with just one pancake in the griddle, it’s your “throwaway” pancake. Expect that you will have to throw away the first pancake, even the best cooks usually do.
Now that you have the best pancake recipe made, and the tips to make easy pancake recipes, we can move onto substitutions, and later on, the most exciting part… toppings!
Recipes for pancake mix are extremely easy, I like to keep my best pancake recipe dry mix ready and available for a quick mornings.
10 Easy Pancake Recipes
In this section, you will find the best pancake recipe printable card, as well as 10 different ways to make basic pancake recipes.
You’ll find pancake recipes from scratch for all of your dietary needs, from vegan, to gluten-free, this article for the best pancake recipes has you covered.
Here’s what you will find in this section:
- Pancake Recipe Gluten Free
- Protein Pancake Recipes
- Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Pancake Recipe No Eggs
- Fluffy Pancake Recipe
- Vegan Pancake Recipe
- Blueberry Pancake Recipe
- Banana Pancake Recipe
- Pancake Recipe Chocolate Chip
- The Best Pancake Recipe (Recipe Card)
All of these modifications will be included in the recipe card below, however I do recommend viewing the section for your dietary needs for notes and tips…
Pancake Recipe Gluten Free
It’s extremely easy to make the best pancake mix recipe gluten-free! In fact, I make gluten free pancake recipes more than I make non gluten free pancake recipe.
To make a gluten free pancake recipe, all you need to do is substitute in your favorite one to one gluten-free flour. This way you can make pancake recipe is gluten free anytime, and you can also substitute this flour in all of your favorite baking and cooking.
Here are my favorite gluten-free flour mixes:
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- Namaste Foods Organic Perfect Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- King Arthur Flour, Measure for Measure Flour, Gluten Free
I recommend picking a gluten-free flour “one to one” mix to make your pancake recipe gluten free.
It’s extremely easy to make a gluten free pancake recipe homemade, it’s just one simple swap.
Protein Pancake Recipes
To make this pancake recipe best for those who need more protein in their diet, it’s as easy as adding in a bit of protein powder!
Protein pancake recipes are extremely easy to make, I recommend adding in scoops of vanilla protein powder, and omitting the vanilla extract.
It’s easy to make protein pancake recipe from scratch, and yes you can absolutely make chocolate pancakes by using chocolate protein powder.
Here are my favorite protein powders:
- Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, Vanilla Bean
- Protein Powder with Vitamin C by Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions, Vanilla Bean
- Plant Protein+, Plant Based Protein Powder, Vanilla
Now that you have some healthy protein powders to try, you can make your pancake recipe protein packed!
You can find measurements and directions in the recipe card below…
In the next sections we will review more pancake recipes healthy made, and you can absolutely combine them. Meaning you can make a protein pancake that is also gluten-free, with blueberries… Keep reading.
Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
Buttermilk pancake recipes are popular because buttermilk helps the pancakes to rise into fluffy pancakes.
To make a pancake with buttermilk recipe, simply swap out the milk for buttermilk.
To make a pancake recipes with buttermilk you can swap out “cup for cup” buttermilk in place of milk in your favorite recipes. .
You can find a section for a buttermilk pancake recipe in the easy pancake recipes buttermilk in the pritable recipe card below.
Special tip: If you’re looking for extra fluffy pancake recipes, see below for more tips.
Pancake Recipe No Eggs
There are different reasons to make your favorite pancake recipe no eggs.
It could be that you’re looking for a pancake recipe vegan style, or it could be due to a food allergy.
It could also be, that you want to make a pancake recipe from scratch, but you’re out of eggs.
It’s easy to swap out eggs in a pancake recipe, and I have a few methods to recommend.
Tips to make pancake recipe no eggs:
- Use mashed bananas in place of eggs, and sugar. (More on banana pancake recipes below.)
- Use a vegan egg substitute.
- Soak 1 tablespoon Chia seeds in 1/8 cup water, blend with wet ingredients in a blender.
- Mix whipped tofu into your pancake batter.
- Use unsweetened applesauce in place of eggs and sugar.
It’s easy to make your pancake recipe vegan, or just your favorite pancake recipe no eggs with these tips above, and with the vegan pancake recipe tips in the section below.
I keep a packet of vegan eggs in my pantry at all times as a back up. It works great in baking recipes, and is pantry staple, making it a great item to keep on hand.
If you’re looking to make your favorite pancake recipe vegan, see below for my vegan pancake recipe and learn how to make a pancake recipe without milk as well.
Fluffy Pancake Recipe
Contrary to what many believe, to make a pancake recipe fluffy, you don’t need more flour, you need more rise.
My daughter’s favorite easy pancake recipe is always the fluffy pancakes!
To make a fluffy pancake recipe, you have a few options. You can add in buttermilk, and you can add in baking soda.
Here are my tips to make pancake recipes fluffy:
- Make your pancake recipe with buttermilk, instead of milk.
- Add in an extra teaspoon of baking soda.
- Use egg whites, and beat them until fluffy and cloud like. Then gently fold them into your batter.
The easiest way to make your pancake recipes fluffy, is to make a pancake recipe for buttermilk, as opposed to milk.
However, if you don’t have buttermilk in the home, I recommend trying the egg white, or even easier baking soda method.
It’s easy to make your favorite fluffy pancake recipes with my three tips. Try one, or try all three in a recipe. The way I see it, the fluffier the better.
Vegan Pancake Recipe
It’s easy to make a vegan pancake recipe at home!
We’ve already covered how to make pancake recipes no eggs, the only other issue you have to make a vegan pancake recipe, is directions on pancake recipes without milk.
It’s easy to make pancake recipes without milk, as there are so many great vegan options.
If you’re searching how to make pancake recipes vegan, the likelihood of you having a favorite nut milk is high, but if you’re still searching for a great vegan milk substitute, I have supplied you with my favorites.
Special tip: you don’t have to scroll back up to get my tips on how to make pancake recipe no eggs, just hit the jump to recipe button below.
My favorite nut butters to make vegan pancake recipes with:
- Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Almond Milk
- Califia Farms – Shelf Stable Almond Milk, Unsweetened Vanilla
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Yeah! Hemp Milk – Vegan
Now that we’ve discussed how to make a vegan pancake recipe, I can’t wait to show you the next recipes, blueberry pancake recipes, and banana pancake recipes are up next, and yes you can make them both vegan!
It’s easy to make pancake recipes vegan, simply choose one of the egg substitutes we covered earlier, and choose a vegan milk from above.
Blueberry Pancake Recipe
There are a few things better then a Blueberry pancake recipe.
I’d like to keep my pancake recipe simple, and so I personally drop the blueberries in at the last minute. There’s quite a lot of discussion on what’s the best way to make blueberry pancake recipes, so I will outline three different ways to make blueberry pancake recipes below.
The three ways to make a traditional pancake recipe blueberry:
- Make the batter for your favorite easy pancake recipe, and as soon as you pour the pancake onto the skillet, drop 3 to 6 blueberries onto the pancake. (This is the easiest, and often best is not everyone wants blueberries in their pancakes)
- Toss 1/3 cup fresh blueberries in 1 tablespoon flour of choice before Mixing into your recipes for pancake mix. This will help them float in the mix and not sink to the bottom. Continue making your easy pancake recipes. (This will yield a juicy and often popped berry within your pancakes.)
- Get frozen, wild blueberries. These are extremely small blueberries and will mimic the store-bought pancakes. Toss 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries in 1 tablespoon of the flour of your choice before continuing on with your easy pancake recipes. (These will hold together and because they are so small, not add too much liquid… think freezer blueberry pancakes.)
Make sure to comment below with your favorite version of the pancake recipe blueberry, so we can keep this discussion going.
In the next section, I’ll share some banana pancake recipes, did you know that you can use bananas in place of eggs and sugar in your pancake recipes?…
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
There are a few things in this world better than a chocolate chip pancake…
Now, as a reminder this is Lose Weight by Eating, and so we’re always looking for healthy ways to make not so healthy food. But I cannot condone the removal of chocolate from one’s diet unless recommended by a doctor… Wink.
Here’s the way I see it, chocolate chip pancakes is a sometimes food, this is not a “have every morning and lose weight” kind of a recipe, but if you want to have a couple of chocolate chip pancakes every Saturday morning, the recipe below is healthy, and will help curb your cravings for chocolate early in the day.
It’s easy to make your favorite traditional pancake recipe chocolate chip, all you need is a quarter cup of dark chocolate chips.
Chocolate chip pancakes recipe:
- Make the best pancake recipe from the recipe card below, and drop 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips into the pancake batter before ladling onto griddle.
- Alternatively, you could drop 3 to 6 dark chocolate chips onto each pancake as you make them. This is a good option if some people want chocolate chip, and others want blueberry pancakes.
It’s easy to make your favorite pancake recipe a chocolate chip pancake recipe, simply drop in some chocolate chips and cook as usual.
Chocolate chip pancake recipes may be a sometimes treat, but if you make the best pancake recipe in the recipe card below, they’re a sometimes treat you can have once a week without blowing your diet.
Banana Pancake Recipe
Making a pancake recipe with banana is a great way to boost sweetness while removing sugar.
Another reason to make your favorite pancake recipes banana base, is that you can remove the eggs as well.
This banana pancake recipe is quick and delicious.
How to make your favorite pancake recipe banana based:
- Omit the eggs, and sugar from the easy pancake recipes card below.
- Mash a ripe banana with a fork, and whisk in with the remaining wet ingredients.
- Continue with the best pancake recipe in the printable recipe card below.
If you have over ripe bananas, try making this banana pancake recipe, it’s full of potassium, delicious. And it’s a great way to use up bananas past their snacking point.
You can make your favorite pancake recipes banana base by removing the eggs and sugar, and adding in one mashed banana.
The Best Pancake Recipe (Printable Recipe Card)
What I love about this breakfast recipe, is that you can make this pancake recipe quick.
Make a triple batch of the “Dry Ingredients” (this recipe card will do the math for you! Just click 3x) and store them in a gallon freezer bag, or a large glass jar. This way you can just scoop out the dry ingredients and save time measuring!
This homemade pancake recipe is low calorie and healthy, thanks to the almond milk, and whole ingredients. Best of all… it’s inexpensive!
The Best Pancake Recipe
The Best Pancake Recipe Dry Ingredients:￼
- ￼1 1/2 cups flour all purpose or gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
￼The Best Pancake Recipe Wet Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or your preferred milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil butter, or your preferred oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg￼￼￼
The Best Pancake Recipe Basic Directions:
- In a clean dry bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Mixed together until just combined.
- Set the pancake batter aside, and preheat your skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan for your first pancake. Wait until the pancake has bubbles around the edges, and in the center, then flip once.
- Let the pancake cook for another minute or so, lightly tipping to see when it’s golden brown.
- Move the pancake to a plate, and continue with the pancakes.
- SPECIAL TIP: The first pancake is often the “trash pancake” it’s often unattractive. This is why I recommend only making one pancake at first, and then moving onto 2 to 6 depending on your griddle size.
￼￼Pancake Recipe Gluten-Free:
- Replace flour in pancake recipe for gluten-free flour
Protein Pancake Recipes:
- Replace 1/3 cup of the flour and replace with 1/3 cup￼ vanilla protein powder in with the dry ingredients.
￼Buttermilk Pancake Recipe:
- Replace the almond milk with buttermilk￼.
Pancake Recipe No Eggs:
- Use one of the following egg substitutes-
- ￼1 mashed banana / 1 tbsp Chia seeds /
- 1/4 cup applesauce /1/4 cup whipped tofu / vegan egg substitute in place of eggs in wet ingredients.￼
Fluffy Pancake Recipe:
- Add in 1 to 3 of the following items-
- Use buttermilk in place of milk / Add one extra teaspoon baking soda / Whip egg whites and gently fold them into batter.
Vegan Pancake Recipe:
- Replace the milk with almond milk and use egg￼￼ ￼substitute (see above￼).
Blueberry Pancake Recipe:
- Add 1/3 cup blueberries to batter, or drop onto pancakes once they hit the griddle.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
- Add 1/4 cup chocolate chips to the pancake batter, or drop onto pancakes as soon as they hit the griddle.
Banana Pancake Recipe:
- Omit the eggs and sugar from the wet and dry ingredients.
- Add one smashed banana to the wet ingredients.￼￼
Homemade Pancake Recipe Toppings
The most popular part of my famous waffle recipe post, is the 10 toppings… from the elegant of Peaches and Walnuts Waffles, to the kid friendly Rainbows and Clouds Waffles. So I figured I just HAD to include a similar section.
Here you will find 10 different fun topping combos for your easy pancakes recipes, and if you’re looking for more… check out The Best Waffles post for 10 more.
10 Topping Combinations for your Pancakes:
1. Chocolate Pecan – add 1 tablespoon crushed pecans, 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
2. Bacon Maple – add 1 tablespoon crumbled cooked bacon, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
3. Chocolate Bananas – add half of a slice banana, dark chocolate chips, and my homemade fat free chocolate sauce.
4. Triple Berry – add 1 cup strawberries, blackberries, blueberries to each serving, drizzle over honey.
5. Lemon Almond – add slivered almonds, and great 1 teaspoon lemon zest over pancakes before drizzling with honey.
6. Peaches and Cream – add 1/2 of a peach, sliced, and a tablespoon or two of whipped cream.
7. Chocolate Covered Strawberry – add three diced strawberries, and drizzle over some of my homemade fat free chocolate syrup.
8. Maple Banana Walnut – add half of a slice banana, 1 tablespoon crushed walnuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup
9. Strawberry Cheesecake – smear 1 teaspoon cream cheese over pancake top with 2 tablespoons strawberry and a drizzle of honey.
10. Yogurt Parfait – add 1/4 cup of vanilla yogurt, and half a cup of mixed berries, drizzle over honey or maple syrup.
If you’re looking for a pancake recipe healthy, lean towards the berry topped recipes… if you’re looking for the simplest pancake recipe stick to the recipe card above.
These toppings are great for quick pancake recipes…
Final Thoughts on the Best Pancake Recipe
In this article I’ve supplied you with 10 pancakes, PLUS 10 more topping combination recipes… that’s 20 recipes!
If you’re looking for more healthy breakfasts, see below in the section of what to read next.
What to Read Next
If you’re looking for more healthy breakfasts, check out these three articles for low calorie, high nutrition breakfasts.
Between the three articles, you will have over 40 new healthy breakfast recipes to choose from.
From the best waffle recipe, to 20 different healthy breakfast recipes, and even 10 recipes to make eggs quick and easy any day of the week.