This Low Calorie Apple Pie is just 155 calories per slice, and they are big slices too!
Everything You’ll Need
- 5 apples (honey crisp or gala)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons All-Natural Zero Calorie Sugar (or regular, coconut or monk fruit sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (or gluten-free)
- 1 Low Calorie Pie Crust (or 2 if you want a top and a bottom crust)
Low Calorie Apple Pie
Healthy Apple Pie Meal Prep and Storage
Meal Prep – Bake the pie and then allow to cool completely. Slice single servings and place into individual containers. Or cover the entire pie with foil, then place in a 2 gallon bag (if freezing).
Frozen Pie – Will hold in the freezer for 1 month
Refrigerated Pie – Will hold in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Reheating – You can reheat individual slices in the microwave for 1 minute (defrosted) 3-5 minutes (frozen). For defrosting the entire pie, move to the kitchen countertop over night (or place in a cool oven if you have pets) to defrost.
Low Calorie Apple Pie Recipe
More Low Calorie Apple Recipes:
Low Calorie Apple Pie
- Pie Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and chop slice apples, dropping into a large bowl as you work. Toss in lemon juice to stop them from browning.
- To the apples, add the sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and flour. Mix together and then add to a pie pan.
- Prepare the Low Calorie Pie Crust as directed in the link.
- Lay the pie crust over the top of the apples, and pinch over the sides of the pie pan to close. Then poke 2-3 times with a fork in the center to vent.
- Bake on the baking sheet (to catch any spillage) for 60 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and the apples are bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes before slicing into 8 servings.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 3 tablespoons (21g) ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons (5g) ground ginger
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons (4g) ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon (3g) ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon (2g) ground allspice
About the Author
Hi, my name is Audrey Johns and I am a 4 time best selling cookbook author! All 4 of my low calorie cookbooks are published by HarperCollins (the oldest publishing house in the US!) and have been featured on prominent TV shows like The Today Show, Rachael Ray and The Doctors. I am a low calorie and healthy recipe authority and my delicious recipes are tried and loved by thousands of readers.
After a one year 150 pound weight loss (and I’ve kept it off for 13 years!) I started sharing all of my low calorie recipes with the world. They are always all-natural and geared around weight loss and weight management. I have even made some of these recipes with my Biggest Loser pal Bob Harper! Check out my weight loss story, my best selling cookbooks, and my numerous TV appearances by clicking here.