This Low Calorie Pumpkin Butter recipe is healthy, low sugar, and so easy to make in a slow cooker! This healthy crockpot pumpkin butter spread is just 20 calories per 1/4 cup, just the right amount for adding to yogurt, oatmeal, or 2 slices of toast.
Everything You’ll Need
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup Homemade Apple Cider (or store-bought)
- ⅔ cup zero calorie all natural brown sugar (monk fruit, coconut, and pure cane sugar also work)
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Low Calorie Pumpkin Butter
Healthy Pumpkin Butter Meal Prep and Storage
Meal Prep – Because canning pumpkin puree is not safe (unless done in a proper facility) extra pumpkin spice butter can be frozen, but this recipe should not be canned. Cook as directed then cool completely. Move to storage containers or freezer bags (for easy freezing)
Frozen Pie – Will hold in the freezer for 1 month
Refrigerated Pie – Will hold in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Reheating – You can reheat in a sauce pot over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes. Or serve chilled.
Low Calorie Pumpkin Butter Recipe
More Low Calorie Pumpkin Recipes:
Low Calorie Pumpkin Butter
- slow cooker
- Add the pumpkin, apple cider, zero calorie brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to a slow cooker.
- Mix all the ingredients together, then cover and turn on the crockpot.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours, stirring every hour.
- Move the pumpkin butter into a glass container, cool, and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
5 Healthy Ways to Serve Pumpkin Butter:
- Oatmeal– Add 1/4 cup of pumpkin butter to the top of your morning oatmeal.
- Yogurt- Add 1/4 cup homemade pumpkin butter to 1 cup 0% Greek Yogurt for a 140 calorie snack or breakfast.
- Smoothies– Add 1/8 cup pumpkin butter into our Coffee Protein Smoothie for a Pumpkin Frappe flavored shake.
- Rice Cakes– Add 1/8 cup to a rice cake for a 80 calorie snack.
- Baking– Use pumpkin butter “cup for cup” to replace apple sauce in cookies and muffins.
About the Author
Hi, my name is Audrey Johns and I am a 4 time best selling cookbook author! All 4 of my low calorie cookbooks are published by HarperCollins (the oldest publishing house in the US!) and have been featured on prominent TV shows like The Today Show, Rachael Ray and The Doctors. I am a low calorie and healthy recipe authority and my delicious recipes are tried and loved by thousands of readers.
After a one year 150 pound weight loss (and I’ve kept it off for 13 years!) I started sharing all of my low calorie recipes with the world. They are always all-natural and geared around weight loss and weight management. I have even made some of these recipes with my Biggest Loser pal Bob Harper! Check out my weight loss story, my best selling cookbooks, and my numerous TV appearances by clicking here.