This Low Calorie Pecan Pie is just 163 calories! Plus this healthy pecan pie is also low fat, low carb, and and sugar. I also boosted the protein by using almond flour in the crust and in the pecan pie filling.
Everything You’ll Need
- Olive oil spray
- 1 ¼ cup old fashioned oats (or gluten-free)
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 cups zero calorie all-natural sweetener (or pure cane sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons low calorie all-natural maple syrup (or pure maple syrup)
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup raw pecan halves
Low Calorie Pecan Pie Recipe
Healthy Pecan Pie Meal Prep and Storage
Meal Prep – Bake the pie and then allow to cool completely. Slice single servings and place into individual containers. Or cover the entire pie with foil, then place in a 2 gallon bag (if freezing).
Frozen Pie – Will hold in the freezer for 1 month
Refrigerated Pie – Will hold in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Reheating – You can reheat individual slices in the microwave for 1 minute (defrosted) 3-5 minutes (frozen). For defrosting the entire pie, move to the kitchen countertop over night (or place in a cool oven if you have pets) to defrost.
Low Calorie Pecan Pie Recipe
More Low Calorie Sauce Recipes:
Low Calorie Pecan Pie
- 9 Inch Pie Dish
Healthy Pecan Pie Crust:
How to Make Low Calorie Pecan Pie Crust:
- Preheat oven to 375º and spray a 9 inch pie dish with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the oats and pulse until smooth.
- To the food processor, add the almond flour, all-natural sweetener, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup and apple sauce.
- Pulse until the ingredients are well mixed and come together when you pinch it with your fingers.
- Move the crust mixture to the prepared pie dish, and press crust evenly down and around the sides.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
How to Make Low Calorie Pecan Pie Filling:
- When the crust is done baking, turn oven down to 350º.
- To a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, sweetener, salt and cinnamon. Mix together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, egg whites and egg. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix together until combined.
- Pour the pecan pie filling into baked pie crust. And decorate the top of the filling with pecans.
- Add the pecan pie to the oven and bake for 40 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Move the pie to a cooling rack and cool completely. Move to the fridge and chill for 4-5 hours before slicing into 12 servings.
- Baking Tip: If the crust starts to burn, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
About the Author
Hi, my name is Audrey Johns and I am a 4 time best selling cookbook author! All 4 of my low calorie cookbooks are published by HarperCollins (the oldest publishing house in the US!) and have been featured on prominent TV shows like The Today Show, Rachael Ray and The Doctors. I am a low calorie and healthy recipe authority and my delicious recipes are tried and loved by thousands of readers.
After a one year 150 pound weight loss (and I’ve kept it off for 13 years!) I started sharing all of my low calorie recipes with the world. They are always all-natural and geared around weight loss and weight management. I have even made some of these recipes with my Biggest Loser pal Bob Harper! Check out my weight loss story, my best selling cookbooks, and my numerous TV appearances by clicking here.