This Low Calorie Protein Pumpkin Smoothie for Weight Loss Recipe has over 28 grams of protein and makes a wonderful breakfast or meal replacement shake.
Everything You’ll Need
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 banana sliced and frozen
- ¼ cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup ice
- ¼ cup almond milk
Low Calorie Protein Pumpkin Smoothie for Weight Loss
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie Meal Prep and Storage
- Individual Smoothie Bags – Add the pumpkin smoothie ingredients (less any liquid) to a sandwich bag and seal. Store in the freezer (will hold for 1 month in freezer).
- Family Sized Smoothie Bags – Add several servings worth of ingredients (less any liquid) to a gallon freezer bag. Place a 1/2 cup plastic measuring cup in the bag. Close and seal the bag, and store in the freezer (will hold for 1 month in freezer).
- Prepared Smoothies – these smoothies are best made fresh, but you can make them ahead of time and store in a clean jar (with a lid) in the fridge.
- Fridge Storage – Add any leftover smoothie to a jar (I actually serve them in jars so all I have to do is add a lid). Close and store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Freezer Storage – Pour any leftover smoothie into ice cube molds, and freeze solid (about 4 hours). Then pop out of the mold and move to a freezer bag to avoid freezer burn. Will hold for 1 month in the freezer.
Low Calorie Protein Pumpkin Smoothies for Weight Loss
More Low Calorie Protein Shake Recipes:
Low Calorie Protein Pumpkin Smoothies
- Add the pumpkin puree, banana, yogurt, protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, ice and almond milk to a blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding more almond milk 1/8 of a cup at a time to reach desired thickness.
- Pour into a glass and immediately rinse your blender out (to stop the ingredients from sticking to the inside).
About the Author
Hi, my name is Audrey Johns and I am a 4 time best selling cookbook author! All 4 of my low calorie cookbooks are published by HarperCollins (the oldest publishing house in the US!) and have been featured on prominent TV shows like The Today Show, Rachael Ray and The Doctors. I am a low calorie and healthy recipe authority and my delicious recipes are tried and loved by thousands of readers.
After a one year 150 pound weight loss (and I’ve kept it off for 13 years!) I started sharing all of my low calorie recipes with the world. They are always all-natural and geared around weight loss and weight management. I have even made some of these recipes with my Biggest Loser pal Bob Harper! Check out my weight loss story, my best selling cookbooks, and my numerous TV appearances by clicking here.