This Low Calorie Tomato Soup recipe is just 108 calories, and has 6.4g of protein per cup! It’s also vegan, gluten-free and so easy to make!
Everything You’ll Need
- 20 medium tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Olive oil spray
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup lite coconut milk
Low Calorie Tomato Soup
Healthy Tomato Soup Meal Prep and Storage
Meal Prep – Cook the soup and then allow to cool completely. Scoop single servings into individual containers, or family sized servings into gallon freezer bags (or jars/containers with lids).
Frozen Soup – Be sure any container is only filled 2/3 full as the soup will expand in the freezer. Store for up to a month in the freezer. If freezing gallon bags, lay flat to freeze to save storage room.
Refrigerated Soup – Will hold in the refrigerator for 4 days.
Reheating – Add to a medium or large sauce pot, heat frozen for 30 minutes on low, or defrosted soup for 5-10 minutes over medium-low heat.
Low Calorie Tomato Soup Recipe
More Low Calorie Soup Recipes:
Low Calorie Tomato Soup
- Immersion blender or countertop blender
- 2 28-ounce cans of crushed tomatoes in place of fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup heavy cream in place of coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, and garlic and a large casserole dish and lightly spray with olive oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes, then transfer to a large sauce pan along with any juices in the baking dish.
- Add the broth, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then lower to medium heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. (Alternatively, you can cool and add to a blender. Be sure to vent the blender before blending until smooth.)
- Add the salt, pepper, and coconut milk. Mix together, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Taste, and add additional salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot.
If using canned tomatoes:
- Roast the onions and garlic as directed, and add in the canned tomatoes when you move onto step #2.
About the Author
Hi, my name is Audrey Johns and I am a 4 time best selling cookbook author! All 4 of my low calorie cookbooks are published by HarperCollins (the oldest publishing house in the US!) and have been featured on prominent TV shows like The Today Show, Rachael Ray and The Doctors. I am a low calorie and healthy recipe authority and my delicious recipes are tried and loved by thousands of readers.
After a one year 150 pound weight loss (and I’ve kept it off for 13 years!) I started sharing all of my low calorie recipes with the world. They are always all-natural and geared around weight loss and weight management. I have even made some of these recipes with my Biggest Loser pal Bob Harper! Check out my weight loss story, my best selling cookbooks, and my numerous TV appearances by clicking here.
Nutrition and Calories in Tomato Soup
The serving side for this nutrition label is 1 cup.