These Low Calorie Peppermint Mocha Lattes are just 36 calories for an 8 oz. size! An 8 oz. Starbucks peppermint mocha is 160 calories (what a great savings!). This recipe is also low in sugar, carbs, is quicker and costs less too.
Everything You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon powdered baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon All-Natural Cocoa Mint Syrup (see recipe card for link)
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee (or 2 shots espresso)
- 1 cup Almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons Almond Milk Whipped Cream (Optional- Adds 10 calories)
Low Calorie Peppermint Mocha Lattes
Healthy Peppermint Mocha Meal Prep and Storage
Meal Prep – To make mornings easy, make the peppermint chocolate sauce ahead of time, and place it in the fridge. Also set your coffeemaker the night before if you have one that will accommodate. Alternatively, you can make one or more servings, cool completely and add to a large jar and place in the fridge. Follow reheating directions below.
Leftover Storage – Leftover latte hold in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Reheating – Add to a small sauce pot and heat over low heat for 5 minutes until hot. Or add to a microwave safe mug and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot.
Low Calorie Peppermint Mocha Latte Recipe
More Low Calorie Coffeehouse Recipes:
Low Calorie Peppermint Mocha Lattes (36 Calories)
- To a coffee mug or bowl, combine the cocoa powder, All-Natural Cocoa Mint Syrup, and hot water. Mix well until disolved.
- Heat the almond milk in a small sauce pan on medium low heat. Once warmed whisk briskly and constantly to create foam.
- Remove from heat, stir in coffee and cocoa powder mixture.
- Serve hot in a mug, or pour over a tall glass filled with ice for an iced peppermint latte. If you like, top with Almond milk whipped cream.
About the Author
Hi, my name is Audrey Johns and I am a 4 time best selling cookbook author! All 4 of my low calorie cookbooks are published by HarperCollins (the oldest publishing house in the US!) and have been featured on prominent TV shows like The Today Show, Rachael Ray and The Doctors. I am a low calorie and healthy recipe authority and my delicious recipes are tried and loved by thousands of readers.
After a one year 150 pound weight loss (and I’ve kept it off for 13 years!) I started sharing all of my low calorie recipes with the world. They are always all-natural and geared around weight loss and weight management. I have even made some of these recipes with my Biggest Loser pal Bob Harper! Check out my weight loss story, my best selling cookbooks, and my numerous TV appearances by clicking here.