This Low Calorie Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup Recipe is just 48 calories per cup. And this crockpot pumpkin soup is vegan! If you want to have it as a lunch or dinner, you can have as much as you like, because 4 cups is under 200 calories!
Everything You’ll Need
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 15-ounce pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce can) lite unsweetened coconut milk
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Metric Measurements Below in Recipe Card
Low Calorie Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
Healthy Pumpkin Soup Meal Prep and Storage
Meal Prep – Cook the soup and then allow to cool completely. Scoop single servings into individual containers, or family sized servings into gallon freezer bags (or jars/containers with lids).
Frozen Soup – Be sure any container is only filled 2/3 full as the soup will expand in the freezer. Store for up to a month in the freezer. If freezing gallon bags, lay flat to freeze to save storage room.
Refrigerated Soup – Will hold in the refrigerator for 4 days.
Reheating – Add to a medium or large sauce pot, heat frozen for 30 minutes on low, or defrosted soup for 5-10 minutes over medium-low heat.
Low Calorie Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup Recipe
More Low Calorie Soup Recipes:
Low Calorie Pumpkin Soup (48 CALORIES)
- slow cooker
- To a slow cooker add the onions and garlic. Turn the slow cooker to high heat and cover. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder and cumin, and mix together so the onions are coated in spices.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, water, and vegetable broth.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Once the soup has cooked, pour in 1/2 of the can of low fat unsweetened coconut milk (shake it well before you open it)
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. (Alternatively you can let the soup cool and blend it in a countertop blender).
- Serve hot with a drizzle of coconut milk and some red pepper flakes.
About the Author
Hi, my name is Audrey Johns and I am a 4 time best selling cookbook author! All 4 of my low calorie cookbooks are published by HarperCollins (the oldest publishing house in the US!) and have been featured on prominent TV shows like The Today Show, Rachael Ray and The Doctors. I am a low calorie and healthy recipe authority and my delicious recipes are tried and loved by thousands of readers.
After a one year 150 pound weight loss (and I’ve kept it off for 13 years!) I started sharing all of my low calorie recipes with the world. They are always all-natural and geared around weight loss and weight management. I have even made some of these recipes with my Biggest Loser pal Bob Harper! Check out my weight loss story, my best selling cookbooks, and my numerous TV appearances by clicking here.
Nutrition and Calories in Pumpkin Soup
Low Sodium Tip: Get low sodium broth for this recipe.