This Low Calorie Chicken Pad Thai recipe is easy and healthy, plus it’s only 369 calories!
I made this Pad Thai recipe for my newest cookbook Lose Weight By Eating Easy Dinners… And this yummy recipe is just that, easy!
Pad Thai is traditionally gluten free and can easily be made vegetarian as well. Simply skip the chicken and add more veggies!
Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
What You’ll Find in this Article:
Ingredients for Pad Thai
Chicken Pad Thai ingredients may seam overwhelming… it’s a long list, so take a breath and note all the ingredients you likely have on hand already.
Chicken Pad Thai Ingredients:
- Pad Thai Noodles
- Pad Thai Sauce (above)
- Olive oil
- Bell pepper
- Chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions
Pad Thai Sauce Ingredients:
- Lime juice
- Light brown sugar
- Fish sauce
- Soy sauce (or tamari)
- Cayenne pepper
The ingredients for this chicken Pad Thai recipe are all natural and healthy, and I packed this recipe with lots of hearty veggies so you stay fuller, longer.
How to Make Pad Thai with Chicken
Making this chicken Pad Thai recipe is extremely easy… it’s just a matter of boiling water and adding ingredients to a pan. It’s the epitome of an “Easy Dinner”.
Making Pad Thai may seam daunting… so let me ease your mind right now, this easy dinner will impress without spending more than 25 minutes in the kitchen!
How to Make Pad Thai with Chicken:
- Boil the noodles.
- Mix the Pad Thai sauce in a small bowl.
- Cook the bell pepper, garlic, carrot, and chicken in a skillet.
- Crack in the eggs into skillet and mix.
- Add cooked noodles and the Pad Thai sauce and toss the skillet contents together.
Low Calorie Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
Chicken Pad Thai recipes don’t have to be heavy and unhealthy! This healthy Chicken Pad Thai recipe is filling, low in calories and packed full of healthy vegetables.
This Pad Thai with chicken is from my newest cookbook Lose Weight By Eating Easy Dinners!
More Yummy Smoothie Recipes:
Low Calorie Chicken Pad Thai
- 1 (8-ounce) box pad Thai rice noodles
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, for a gluten-free dish
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 (4-ounce) chicken breast, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted whole peanuts
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente according to the package directions. Drain well.
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and cayenne. Set the sauce aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic, carrot, and chicken and sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Push the chicken and bell pepper to one side of the skillet and crack in the eggs. Mix quickly to scramble the eggs. Add the drained noodles and the sauce and toss the skillet contents together. Remove from the heat. Serve topped with the green onions, peanuts, and cilantro.
Chicken Pad Thai recipes made healthy… thanks to the Lose Weight By Eating magic!
I cut 100’s of calories and added loads of nutrition to these recipes for Pad Thai, so you can have a HUGE serving for under 400 calories!
More About the Cookbook
If you liked this chicken Pad Thai recipe, you will love all of the recipes in my newest cookbook Lose Weight By Eating Easy Dinners!
All of the recipes in this cookbook had to be easy to make… and yes we had some strict guidelines:
Every Easy Dinners Recipe had to fall into 2 or more of these categories:
- Prep time 5 minutes or less
- Cook time 30 minutes or less
- 5 ingredients or less
- Dump in and walk away recipes
I worked on these guidelines with my editor to ensure all of the recipes in this cookbook are TRULY Easy Dinners!
You can find delicious meals for the entire family in the Easy Dinners cookbook… here are a few of my favorite:
- Huevos Rancheros Tacos
- BLTA Salad
- Pizza Chicken Breasts
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Curry Soup
- Peanut Butter Brownies
Make your life easier with Easy Dinners that you can feel good about eating and serving your family. All meals are under 500 calories, and don’t worry… the portions are HUGE!
Lose Weight By Eating: Easy Dinners includes recipes for one-pan meals, slow cookers, Instant Pots, and even cooking with kids, as well as shortcuts to help you get your evening meal on the table fast.
If you’re looking to add healthy meals to your diet without sacrificing valuable time with your family… try some Easy Dinner Recipes!
This Pad Thai recipe is just a small “taste” of what you will find in the Easy Dinners cookbook!