This Chicken Pad Thai recipe is easy and healthy, plus it’s only 369 calories!
I made these Pad Thai recipes for my newest cookbook Lose Weight By Eating Easy Dinners… And this chicken Pad Thai recipe is just that, easy!
Recipes for Pad Thai are often gluten free and can easily be made vegetarian as well. This Pad Thai with chicken is packed full of healthy veggies so you can eat more without adding calories.
In this article I will share my amazing Pad Thai sauce, which you will want to pour over everything, and marinate chicken in (I’ve done it and highly recommend!)
Just as in all my cookbooks, I took an unhealthy, calorie heavy dish and made it easy and low calorie. Recipes Pad Thai made over to be healthy and under 400 calories below…
Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
Pad Thai recipes are usually heavy, high in calories, and low in vegetables… But this chicken Pad Thai recipe got a healthy makeover.
It’s healthy and completely crave worthy. This Pad Thai Chicken recipe will likely make it into your favorite dinner rotations as soon as you taste it.
Here’s what you’ll find in this article:
- How to Make Pad Thai
- Ingredients for Pad Thai
- Homemade Pad Thai Sauce
- Chicken Pad Thai Recipe (printable card!)
- More about the Easy Dinners Cookbook
I only get to share a few recipes from each of my cookbooks, and when it came time to start sharing Easy Dinners recipes… This chicken Pad Thai recipe had to be first.
When making the best Pad Thai recipe, you need the best Pad Thai Sauce. And my Pad Thai sauce recipe will knock your socks off… so maybe double or triple it and use it as a chicken marinade.
Learn how to make Pad Thai recipes in a healthy new way, recipe from my newest cookbook Lose Weight By Eating Easy Dinners!
How to Make Pad Thai Recipes
This Pad Thai recipe chicken dish is easy and fun to make. It comes from the “Date Night” chapter of Lose Weight by Eating Easy Dinners as it’s impressive and elegant.
But don’t let that fool you, this chicken Pad Thai recipe is one of my daughter’s favorite recipes… this “Easy Dinner” is great for the entire family!
Making Pad Thai recipes is easy, but there are a lot of ingredients… so don’t be overwhelmed!
Let’s dive in and learn how to make Pad Thai with chicken recipes. First up, your sauce for Pad Thai and then, you Pad Thai grocery list.
Homemade Pad Thai Sauce
Homemade sauce for Pad Thai is so easy to make! It’s just a matter of adding everything to a bowl and mixing.
I rely heavily on the lime in this recipe for Pad Thai sauce, it’s zero calories and adds a lot of flavor to the recipe for Pad Thai chicken.
Pad Thai Sauce Ingredients:
- Lime juice
- Light brown sugar
- Fish sauce
- Soy sauce (or tamari)
- Cayenne pepper
Now that you have all the ingredients for your Pad Thai sause, we can review the ingredients for Pad Thai with chicken…
Ingredients for Pad Thai
Chicken Pad Thai ingredients may seam overwhelming… it’s a long list, so take a breath and note all the ingredients you likely have on hand already.
You likely have many of the ingredients for Pad Thai with chicken, and as you saw above, the Pad Thai recipe sauce is easy to whip up with pantry staples.
Chicken Pad Thai Ingredients:
- Pad Thai Noodles
- Pad Thai Sauce (above)
- Olive oil
- Bell pepper
- Chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions
The ingredients for this chicken Pad Thai recipe are all natural and healthy, and I packed this Pad Thai recipe with lots of hearty veggies so you stay fuller, longer.
Directions on How to Make Pad Thai with Chicken
Making this chicken Pad Thai recipe is extremely easy… it’s just a matter of boiling water and adding ingredients to a pan. It’s the epitome of an “Easy Dinner”.
Recipes for Pad Thai may seam daunting… so let me ease your mind right now, this Easy Dinner will impress without spending more than 25 minutes in the kitchen!
How to Make Pad Thai with Chicken:
- Boil the noodles.
- Mix the Pad Thai sauce in a small bowl.
- Cook the bell pepper, garlic, carrot, and chicken in a skillet.
- Crack in the eggs into skillet and mix.
- Add cooked noodles and the Pad Thai sauce and toss the skillet contents together.
See… it’s easy to make chicken Pad Thai recipes. Now, let’s move onto the sharable recipe card. Be sure to share, pin, print or email yourself this recipe for easy referencing… or just buy a copy of the Easy Dinners Cookbook so you have it unhand anytime.
If you love this recipe you will love all of the Easy Dinners in my newest cookbook!
Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
Chicken Pad Thai recipes don’t have to be heavy and unhealthy! This healthy Chicken Pad Thai recipe is filling, low in calories and packed full of healthy vegetables.
This Pad Thai with chicken is from my newest cookbook Lose Weight By Eating Easy Dinners…
Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
- 1 (8-ounce) box pad Thai rice noodles
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, for a gluten-free dish
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 (4-ounce) chicken breast, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted whole peanuts
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente according to the package directions. Drain well.
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and cayenne. Set the sauce aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic, carrot, and chicken and sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Push the chicken and bell pepper to one side of the skillet and crack in the eggs. Mix quickly to scramble the eggs. Add the drained noodles and the sauce and toss the skillet contents together. Remove from the heat. Serve topped with the green onions, peanuts, and cilantro.
Chicken Pad Thai recipes made healthy… thanks to the Lose Weight By Eating magic!
I cut 100’s of calories and added loads of nutrition to these recipes for Pad Thai, so you can have a HUGE serving for under 400 calories!
Get the Cookbook
If you liked this chicken Pad Thai recipe, you will love all of the recipes in my newest cookbook Lose Weight By Eating Easy Dinners!
All of the recipes in this cookbook had to be easy to make… and yes we had some strict guidelines:
Every Easy Dinners Recipe had to fall into 2 or more of these categories:
- Prep time 5 minutes or less
- Cook time 30 minutes or less
- 5 ingredients or less
- Dump in and walk away recipes
I worked on these guidelines with my editor to ensure all of the recipes in this cookbook are TRULY Easy Dinners!
You can find delicious meals for the entire family in the Easy Dinners cookbook… here are a few of my favorite:
- Huevos Rancheros Tacos
- BLTA Salad
- Pizza Chicken Breasts
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Curry Soup
- Peanut Butter Brownies
Make your life easier with Easy Dinners that you can feel good about eating and serving your family. All meals are under 500 calories, and don’t worry… the portions are HUGE!
Lose Weight By Eating: Easy Dinners includes recipes for one-pan meals, slow cookers, Instant Pots, and even cooking with kids, as well as shortcuts to help you get your evening meal on the table fast.
If you’re looking to add healthy meals to your diet without sacrificing valuable time with your family… try some Easy Dinner Recipes!
This Pad Thai recipe is just a small “taste” of what you will find in the Easy Dinners cookbook!