This Szechuan Chicken Recipe is just 232 calories, plus it can be made in just 20 minutes, from start to finish!
Plus, we’ve given you modifications to make this low calorie Chinese Szechuan Chicken mild, should you prefer to skip the spiciness of authentic Szechuan Chicken.
We love this Chinese chicken Szechuan style over rice, but it’s also good alone for a low carb Chinese chicken dinner.
And of course, you can aways serve it over cauliflower rice, or better yet… with our Low Calorie Cauliflower Fried Rice!
This Szechuan Chicken Recipe is just 232 calories… and it can be made in just 20 minutes!
Szechuan Chicken Recipe
We’ve supplied you with everything you’ll need to make stir fry Szechuan Chicken.
From a shopping list, to a printable recipe card. You’ll find links for all the ingredients (so you can add everything to your shopping cart now) and even a nutrition label in the sections below.
To make this Szechuan Chicken stir fry easy, we’ve supplied you with the following sections.
Read through them for helpful resources, or skip ahead to the recipe card.
What You’ll Find in this Article:
- Szechuan Chicken Ingredients (shopping list!)
- How to Make Szechuan Chicken
- Szechuan Chicken Recipe (recipe card!)
- Nutrition and Calories in Szechuan Chicken Recipes
Helpful Tip for Shopping: Take a screenshot of the shopping list to your phone. This way you have it at your fingertips the next time you go grocery shopping.
Recipe Card Uses: You can email yourself this recipe card so you can easily search for it (I have a folder in my email just for recipes!) Or print it so you have it handy, and can make notes. You can even pin this Szechuan spicy chicken to Pintrest so it is safely stored for you.
Up next, a shopping list for low calorie spicy Szechuan chicken…
Szechuan Chicken Ingredients
One thing to note about schewan chicken, is there are a lot of ingredients… that’s unavoidable. But the good news is that once you have them all, you can make a myriad of yummy Chinese chicken recipes for months to come, without breaking the bank.
Shopping list for Homemade Szechuan Chicken:
- Corn starch
- Salt and pepper
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil spray
- Yellow onion
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Small dried red chilies
Homemade Szechuan Chicken Sauce:
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- All-natural zero calorie brown sugar
- Corn starch
Special Tip: You can find all the measurements in the recipe card below. There you can choose how many servings of these low calorie Szechuan recipes chicken you want to make. It will do all the measurement math for you! All of the ingredients for this recipe for Szechuan chicken can be doubled or tripled with the click of a button.
Up next, how to make Szechuan chicken spicy, or mild… in just 20 minutes!
How to Make Szechuan Chicken
You can easily make this chicken schezwan recipe mild, medium, or hot!
For mild, skip the chillies, for mild make as is, and for hot add an addition 10 peppers.
Special Tip: If you don’t like spicy food, just skip the dried red chilies. It will still be a yummy dish, but without all the heat!
How to Make Homemade Szechuan Chicken:
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, corn starch, salt and pepper. Toss to coat well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and spray with olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate (may not be fully cooked yet).
- Add the onion, bell peppers, and chillies to the pan and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, add all of the Szechuan Chicken Sauce to a medium bowl and mix together.
- To the veggies, add the garlic and ginger along with the chicken and any juices on the plate.
- Pour in the Szechuan Chicken Sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens and the chicken is completely cooked.
- Serve hot, over rice, or alone as a low carb Chinese Chicken Dinner.
Special Tip: You can find these directions, along with measurements, nutrition and more in the sharable recipe card in the next section!
Up next, a sharable recipe card for the best Szechuan chicken recipes…
Szechuan Chicken Recipe
This low calorie Szechuan Chicken Recipe is just 232 calories. It’s great over rice, or you can serve it alone for a low carb Chinese chicken recipe.
Try serving this yummy Chinese chicken recipe over our Low Calorie Cauliflower Fried Rice!
Nutrition and Calories in Szechuan Chicken Recipes
The nutrition and calories below are based off 1 serving (about 1.5 cups) of Szechuan chicken with the all-natural zero calorie brown sugar. Should you decide to use real brown sugar (which will absolutely work) it will change the calories, carbs, and sugar.
Important Note: As a reminder, at Lose Weight By Eating it is our goal to make you healthier, all-natural versions of your favorite recipes… not all will be “diet worthy” depending on the diet you are on. But they will be healthier versions to help curb your cravings.