Good snacks that are healthy are the key to weight loss and lasting results!
Most often, snacking is where people go “off plan” when on a diet. But don’t fret, this article will supply you with 100 healthy ideas for snacks so you can stay on plan and curb your cravings.
Healthy snacking doesn’t have to be boring, planned out, or expensive! In this article I will outline snacks you can pick up on the go (at a gas station or convenience store), packaged snacks you can keep in your car, and even weight loss snacks to rev up your metabolism.
Below you’ll find food for snacks, healthy recipes you can toss together in minutes, and so much more.
What snacks are healthy? Below you’ll find 100 examples, including road trip snacks you can pick up on your trip!
Good Snacks that are Healthy for Weight Loss
We kept these healthy foods for snack time as easy as possible… I’ve already written an entire post on recipes for low calorie snacks. But here I wanted to give you a no cook (or minimal cook) snacks healthy list so that you can take the work out of the prep and pick up healthy options the next time you go to the store.
We’ve included packaged snacks that are healthy, protein packed snack options, snacks to pick up on the road and even weight loss snacks.
Healthy snacks don’t have to be boring, time consuming, or lacking in flavor! This article will supply you with lots of healthy ideas for snacks so you feel satisfied.
Here’s What You’ll Find in this Article for 100 Healthy Snack Ideas:
- 15 Packaged Snacks that are Healthy (links included!)
- 25 Healthy Snack Ideas from the Produce Section
- 15 Snacks Healthy Protein Options
- 15 Healthy Snacks to Buy on the Go (like the gas station)
- 15 Good Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss
You’ll find the best snacks for weight loss, healthy quick snacks options, and protein packed snacks that keep you full and satisfied.
Healthy snack foods can be convenient and delicious! Check out these low calorie lists of healthy snacks…
15 Packaged Snacks That are Healthy for Weight Loss
These healthier snack options are all pre-packaged so you can’t over eat! They also make good healthy lunch snacks for you to pack in your lunch bag, or just keep in your car.
Try one of these healthy prepackaged snacks, they are all single serving portions and travel well for on the go snacks.
All of the above snacks are packaged snacks that are healthy. They are all in single serve packaging so you can be sure you are getting the right quantity. Plus they make it easy to travel with, and take with you on the go.
I’ve been sure to include both sweet and salty snacks that are healthy, low in calories, and all natural.
All of these packaged healthy snacks are in single serving portions so it’s easy to “grab and go”…
25 Healthy Snack Ideas from the Produce Section
Below you will find 100 calorie fruits and vegetables. These healthy snack ideas are a great way to enjoy your snacks with zero guilt. The best health snack ideas are raw fruits and vegetables!
All of these are good for weight loss… And we will discuss weight loss snacks at length in the weight loss section below.
100 Calorie Fruit and Vegetables – Healthy Ideas for Snacks:
- 2 1/2 cups watermelon = 100 calories
- 2 cups strawberries = 100 calories
- 1 apple = 100 calories
- 1/2 a cantaloupe = 100 calories
- 1 cup blueberries = 100 calories
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries = 100 calories
- 1 1/4 cup pineapple = 100 calories
- 1 cup cherries = 100 calories
- 2 plums = 100 calories
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries = 100 calories
- 3 medium bell peppers = 100 calories
- 18 celery stalks = 100 calories
- 5 cups broccoli = 100 calories
- 2 cucumbers = 100 calories
- 4 carrots = 100 calories
These are good snacks that are healthy for weight loss, and for everyday snacking.
The best healthy snacks are raw fruits and vegetables. They will feed your body important nutrients that turn off hunger receptors. Plus many fresh fruits and vegetables help to boost metabolism.
In the next section we will review 15 protein packed healthy snacks for weight loss…
15 Snacks- Healthy Protein Options
These healthy protein snacks are all low in calories but packed with protein.
The healthiest snack foods with protein are below, and easy to grab for quick healthy snack ideas. So check out this list below for snacks healthy protein options and start snacking healthier.
All of these protein packed snacks are good for weight loss, weight maintenance, and hunger control.
Low Calorie Protein Packed Snacks:
- 1/2 cup edamame (90 calories / 9 g. protein)
- 1 string Cheese (80 calories / 7g. protein)
- 25 pistachios (98 calories / 4 g. protein)
- 3 slices deli turkey (90 calories / 18 g. protein)
- 1 hard boiled egg (78 calories / 6 g. protein)
- 15 almonds (100 calories / 3 g. protein)
- 1 oz. turkey jerky (100 calories / 19 g. protein)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (81 calories / 14 g. protein)
- 6 oz. Greek Yogurt (100 calories / 17 g. protein)
- 1 tuna pouch (78 calories / 16 g. protein)
- 1/4 cup cashews (157 calories / 5 g. protein)
- 85 pumpkin seeds (126 calories / 5 g. protein)
- 2 peaches (118 calories / 3 g. protein)
- 1 cup fresh apricots (79 calories / 2.3 g. protein)
- 1 cooked sweet potato (112 calories / 2 g. protein)
Sometimes you don’t have time plan out your healthy snacks… so in the next section we will discuss how to pick up healthy snacks while you’re traveling.
Up next, good snacks that are healthy and can be picked up while traveling…
15 Healthy Snacks to Buy on the Go
This section will supply you with healthy snacks to buy while traveling.
If you’re on a road trip, or have to run into a convince store to grab after schools snacks, you don’t have to blow your diet!
These snacks can be found at most gas stations…
Healthy Snacks to Buy While Traveling:
- Small packages of nuts
- String cheese
- Beef jerky
- Bag of Popchips
- Granola bar
- Protein or Kind bars
- Bottle of green juice
- Lunch meat and sliced cheese
- Cup of yogurt
- Dried apple or banana chips
- Fruit cup
- Apple sauce packet
- Trail mix
I know not all 15 of these snacks can be found at every single convenience store in the world… But I’ve seen at least 80% of them in all the shops I’ve been to.
Try to make healthy snack options while traveling and you’ll be feeling great and guiltless while traveling.
Up next we will discuss healthy snacks to lose weight…
15 Good Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss
Snacking for weight loss really comes down to eating all natural, and keeping the calories low.
Ideally, your snacks should be between 100-150 calories while on a weight loss journey.
These healthy snacks to lose weight can help keep your metabolism roaring so your food does all the weight loss work for you.
15 Healthy Snacks to Lose Weight:
- 2 kiwis (95 calories)
- 2 cups air popped popcorn with 1 teaspoon butter (95 calories)
- 1/2 mango (65 calories)
- 2 pears (100 calories)
- 2 figs (75 calories)
- 2 cups strawberries (99 calories)
- 1 orange (60 calories)
- 1 cup raspberries (65 calories)
- 1 scrambled egg
- 1/2 papaya (60 calories)
- 1 apple and 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter (126 calories)
- 2 celery stalks and 1 tablespoon almond butter (111 calories)
- 2 carrots and 2 tablespoons hummus (96 calories)
- 10 tortilla chips and 1/4 cup salsa (98 calories)
- 1 light string cheese and 1 apple (120 calories)
These healthy snacks for weight loss can help keep you on track to your weight loss goals. But all 100 of the healthy ideas for snacks are ok while on a diet.
Well, at least while on a Lose Weight By Eating Diet…
These 100 snacks should help you stay on track, eat healthier, and take away any guesswork.
What to Read Next:
Final Thoughts on Healthy Snack Ideas
Here at Lose Weight By Eating we are dedicated to helping you with your weight loss goals, no matter what weight loss plan you are on.
We do have several of our own, free weight loss plans (outlined below) and all of the articles on this website are packed full of low calorie, high nutrition recipes that go with the weight loss plans.
Here are some of the Lose Weight By Eating Weight Loss Plans…
Lose Weight By Eating Weight Loss Plans (all are free!):
- The original Lose Weight By Eating Plan
- Detox Week Weight Loss Plan
- 3 Day Detox Weight Loss Plan
- Intermittent Fasting Plans
Now that you have 100 healthy snacks to try, and 4 weight loss plans to help you reach your goal. You should check out out 100’s of low calorie recipes on the Lose Weight By Eating website, and in the cookbooks below.